Thursday 17 March 2011

I miss my tennis....

Having played the great sport of tennis since the age of 9, I come to the conclusion that I miss it terribly due to a very annoying back muscle problem that seems to keep afflicting me.
lets just go to the bar.....
I'm no Ivana Kopalotover or whatever the name is or the brilliantly named Elena Smashnova! but i could darn well hit a ball well when I wanted to and have won many a trophy and tournament over the years.
So, back to the back, it hurts. Thats about it basically, because I don't want to get all ailmenty on you because I'm sure there are far more interesting things you'd like to hear. Have to admit though, these inter club matches that I have played over the years are sometimes a very big chore and personally not very enjoyable. Some of the old Grotbags,nutcases,menopausal maniacs and stroppy 16year old madams that I have come across make me feel like running for the hills in terror but alot of the time the women are ok,,they sneer and spout poison on the court, but when the match is over they can't do enough for you. 'Can I buy you a drink?' they'll lovingly enquire, my response, 'yes, I'll have a quadruple vodka and orange and ten bags of cheese n onion please'...oh, was I meant to just have a diet coke? Well, it takes that amount of alcohol just to obliterate the fact that you just pummelled me on the court and laughed while you did it, but hey, all's fair in love, war and tennis, just make it Smirnoff not some cheap rubbish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers..